I’m a mac user. Always have been and probably will be for a long time. You could call me a Macanista. Why does this matter? Well Berry Singh, posted another meme and I decided to participate for the first time. Also, I wanted to do blog about more than just fashion and magazines. Even if I love them with a passion.
So here goes:
- Share any of your computer specs (video card, memory, etc..): I just bought a new computer in July 2014. It’s the first one I’ve bought in some time. It has a 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5 Processor, 8GB memory (planning to upgrade this eventually), wireless magic mouse and keyboard and runs OS X 10.9.4 (Maverick). I use the built in mic with my Skull Candy headphones for chatting and plug in my Wacom intuos4 Tablet to do work in my CS6 Master Suite (I got it for my job as page designer, trust me I couldn’t afford to buy it myself).
- Which viewer do you use most often? – I use Firestorm for most of my daily usage but I use the main viewer for all my video and photography work. Why? It’s because the other viewers just don’t render as well visual on a Mac then the official viewer.
- What is your FPS (Frames Per Second) when you have your graphics on ultra? I imagine my frame is probably in the 70-90 range. I’ve never actually checked. But I’ll update this question the next time I does some photography.
- How often does Second Life crash for you? Is it usually just a viewer crash or your whole system crashes? What are you usually doing at the moment of the crash? I’ve had pretty good luck with not crashing too much. It’s occasional. I’ve been able to run Photoshop and SL at the same time. Now with my new computer I can have more things open at once.
- Do you know of any tips or tricks in the settings that would improve performance? If you’re a Mac user make sure certain key features enabled like RenderAppleUseMultGL and HTTP Textures. Also I keep my draw distance down and go no higher than 128 usually. BlackOpal Designs actually has great post about it and I’ve definitely improved my over SL experience with some of their types. You can check it out here.
I may be a part of the minority in terms of Mac users in SL but I thought I’d put it out there. Well now you know all about my computer and a little more about me.
Till next time!